To enhance students’ ability to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote:
- Early learning and successful transition to school;
- Academic achievement and well-being; and
- Graduation and transition into adult life.
The Kentucky Division of Family Resource and Youth Services Centers in the Cabinet for Health and Family Services shall establish the national standard of excellence in the provision of school-based family support.
The Kirksville FRC serves children from birth through elementary school and provide programs and services including:
- Full time childcare for two and three year olds.
- After- school childcare for children age 4-12. Full time childcare is provided during the summer and on other days when school is not in session.
- Family in Training program for new and expectant parents and their children from birth to age five. Features of the program include group meetings, home visits, and child development monitoring.
- Family literacy services and programs
- Health Services or referrals to health services.
The Kirksville Family Resource Center is here to assist students and families in any way necessary. We work to provide health services, basic needs, educational support, childcare and family training to anyone in need. Our goal is to help remove barriers to learning so all of our students can be proficient and lifelong learners.